You do not have to be a member-owner to shop at the co-op, but becoming a member-owner opens up a number of enjoyable benefits to you.
- Be part of a business that is dedicated to strengthening the community
- Vote in the annual Board of Directors election (nobody can own more than one share, meaning that everyone’s vote is weighed equally)
- Right to run for a seat on the co-op’s Board of Directors
- Receive the Wirth Co-op newsletter
- Patronage refunds during profitable years
- Member-owner discounts at Wirth Co-op Grocery
- Special order large quantities, hard-to-find items, and items we don’t carry